How to Plan a New Jersey Company Picnic
The sun is shining, trips down the shore are being planned and it’s time to start thinking about how to reward your employees during an unprecedented and challenging year. One idea? A company picnic!
A picnic is a great way to enjoy some relaxation and team building outdoors.
We can help make planning easy! Here are our six simple steps to picnic planning:
Step One: Choose a Date
The first step to planning a company picnic is choosing a date. You don’t want to select a date that coincides with any other company events or major deadlines that could have employees bogged down. Also be sure to avoid holidays or school breaks that are popular for family vacations—you don’t want anyone to miss out on the fun!
Step Two: Choose a Theme
No party is complete without a theme, right? The theme will help shape everything from the invites to the menus!
Here are a few theme ideas we love:
- Carnival – Think games, cotton candy, funnel cakes and even a dunk tank to see who can dunk their boss!
- Country Western BBQ – Kick up your heels and have a great time; think about teaching the whole company a line dance!
- Olympics – If your team has a competitive side, set up game stations and medals at the end of the day.
- Jersey Shore – It’s not summer without a trip down the shore! Bring the shore to your company with beach-themed décor and special menus.
Step Three: Choose a New Jersey Company Picnic Venue
You can’t host a picnic without a location!
You have a couple options:
- We can travel to your office to transform your outdoor space into an epic picnic venue with tents, picnic tables and all the festive décor.
- Select a local New Jersey event venue and whisk your employees away from the office for an afternoon. Explore our list of venue partners to see which may be the best fit for your company.
Step Four: Select Food & Beverages
A picnic is all about the tasty eats, and we have a great selection of picnic menus to choose from. Here’s a New Jersey favorite:
Themed New Jersey Company Picnic Menu – Jersey Shore Beach Cookout
Select Two Grilled Proteins:
- Tender St. Louis Ribs with Guava BBQ Sauce
- Cold Smoked Pork Loin
- 100% CAB Beef Burger
- Seasoned Lamb Burger
- Nathan’s Jumbo Footlong Quarter Pound Dog
- Italian Sausages
- Bourbon BBQ Basted Breast of Chicken
- Honey-Sriracha Marinated Drums and Thighs
- 100% White Meat Turkey Burger
- Cortes Spanish Chorizo
- Grilled Steaks
Select Two Grilled Fresh Shore Seafoods:
- Jumbo Shrimp
- Albacore Tuna
- Atlantic Swordfish
- Atlantic Salmon
- Freshest Market Fish
- SenHost Low Country Style Shrimp Burger
- Mussel Pot
- Ipswich Steamers Pot
- Peel and Eat Shrimp Boil Pot
- Cold Water Lobster Tails
- Whole Maine Lobster
- House Fried Chips
- Jalapeno Black Bean Corn Sticks
- Rustic Breads
- Artisan Butter
- Chunky Roasted Bruschetta
- Cheeses and Condiments
Select a Green Salad:
- Garden Chopped Greens with Cucumbers, Carrots, Celery, Dried Cranberries, Sunflower Seeds & Green Goddess
- Zoodles Salad with Zucchini, Squash and Carrot Noodles
- Fresh Herbs, Sesame Seed, Crushed Cashews and Sesame Dressing
Select a Hearty Side Salad:
- Creamy Classic Potato with Celery, Onion, Dijon
- Fresh Seasonal Fruit Chunks with Fresh Mint
- Tortellini al Pesto with Fresh Mozzarella
- Golden Beet and Goat Cheese with Fresh Mint
- Jersey Tomato and Burrata (in season) with Sea Salt and Fruity Olive Oil
Select Two Hearty Sides:
- Butter and Herb Smashed Potatoes
- Local Buttered Sweet Corn on the Cob
- Classic Velveeta Sharp Cheddar Mac n Cheese
- Slow Cooked Smoky Collard Greens
- Buttered Green Beans and Cashews
- Jersey Zucchini and Tomato Roast
Shore Sweet Spread:
- Boardwalk Taffy
- Kettle Popcorn
- Italian Market Cannoli and Assorted Cookies
Step Five: Add Fun and Entertainment to Your New Jersey Company Picnic
The point of hosting a company picnic is to make it a fun afternoon for employees, so make sure you don’t forget the entertainment!
- Hire a DJ – A little music to get people moving is always a good idea.
- Set Up Games – Friendly competition is a good way to let off steam; consider favorites like cornhole or volleyball, or ask your Sensational Host planner for some creative tips.
- Plan Activities – A photo booth is always a great way to commemorate the event and create memories!
Step Six: Invite Guests to Your Company Picnic in New Jersey
Have fun with the invites and incorporate the theme as much as possible.
Inspire some serious FOMO with evites from somewhere like Paperless Post and plaster festive posters all over the office!
Are you ready to give your employees a treat with a company picnic this summer or fall? Let’s get started!
Sensational Host is nearing 40 years of exceptional catering. That’s four decades and three generations of turning visions into events.